Centennial Park Library Closed 6 Months starting Oct. 1 for six months for renovations. We are talking about the Pasco County Centennial Branch Library at 5740 Moog Road, Holiday, FL 34690.
Centennial Park Library Closed 6 Months
The library has posted answers on it’s website to most of your questions, such as:
Will the library be closed while it’s being renovated?
- Yes. However, every effort is being made to maintain continuity of the events and programs that are offered. Alternative locations for programs, such as parks and recreation centers, are being identified now and will be advertised on our website, through social media, newspapers, etc. Check the website often for updates and news about the renovations.
When will the library close? The library will close October 1, 2019.
When will it reopen? It is slated to reopen in the summer of 2020.
How can I pick up books and other materials?
- The South Holiday Library (4649 Mile Stretch Rd, Holiday, 727-834-3331) will remain open while Centennial Park is being renovated. Inter-Library transfers of books can be picked up at that location. In addition, the South Holiday branch will begin Monday hours by the end of October, 2019. With the exception of the New River branch in Wesley Chapel, which is also closed for remodeling during this time, all other libraries will be open and maintaining their regular hours.
Where will the staff go during the renovations?
- All staff will be relocated to other branches or the alternate sites, or will be conducting community outreach.
How are the renovations being paid for?
Through a General Obligation Bond (GO Bond) that was approved by Pasco County voters in November, 2018. A GO Bond is a municipal bond secured by the issuing government’s pledge to use all available resources, including tax revenues, to repay holders of the bond.
What can I expect when the library reopens?
- The interior will be completely updated and modernized. There will be new spaces for adults, teens, and kids, meeting spaces, new technology, a lobby with self-service café, an art display area, and a central service desk. There will also be a makerspace within the library. Monday hours will also take effect when the library reopens.
Will there still be books in the library?
- Yes, there will be plenty of books in our collection. However, we will be utilizing a more efficient use of shelving space to make room for the expanded public spaces. Plus, our collection will be more tailored to the community’s needs.
You can read this, see a rendering and other information on this page.
Read about the Mini-Donkeys at Centennial Park Library a few years back.
If you need a Professional Pet Sitter (one that is insured); call:
Trinity Pet Sitters LLC
Toni Weidman, GRI
Search homes for sale
Save A Life; Adopt A Rescue Pet