It’s Those Darn Ducks. When I’m reading along and see a phrase that is an old expression, I always wonder where the phrase originated and why. What did it really mean? Getting your ducks in a row is one of those phrases that gets my research juices flowing. So, of course, I head for Google to find the real scoop.
According to most of the explanations I found, the term comes from the sport of bowling. Bowling, yikes, I was expecting fluffy yellow things that go Quack. It seems that many years ago, bowling pins were called ducks. Who knew?
Aha, It’s Those Darn Ducks after all. I found one article that did discuss the Mama Duck and her ducklings theory. Mama Duck always has the children follow in a row. If one strays, she will stop and line them all up again. Thus, getting her ducks in a row. That’s the one I like.
In the world of real estate, it is very important for the buyers to have all their ducks in a row before starting the process of searching for a home. It’s Those Darn Ducks again.
It’s Those Darn Ducks
- Get pre-qualified first.
- Make sure you have the funds needed (your lender will discuss those with you).
- Decide how many bedrooms/bathrooms/garages you can live with or without.
- Decide which area is best for you: for schools, for commuting, for sociability.
- Make sure you have all the tax records and bank statements needed and ready to hand.
- by looking at homes higher-priced than you can actually afford.
This bears repeating: Get those ducks in a row Get pre-qualified first. You don’t want to be disappointed; things will go easier for the process.
You may enjoy seeing the Christmas Trees of Disney World.
Or come visit with us at Trinity Yappy Hour at Fiddlers Green. The second Wednesday of the month.
Search Homes For Sale here.
727-237-0083 or 727-359-9518
Save A Life; Adopt A Shelter Pet
So now you know, It’s Those Darn Ducks