Go Box -What Is It? Why Do You Need It? Is your business safe in the event of severe weather or other natural disaster? We are right in the middle of hurricane season in Florida. Probably, you should have a Go Box ready to take with you if you need to evacuate.
A Go Box contains copies of important documents, equipment, supplies essential for your business to continue to operate, and your insurance policies. Undoubtedly, everything you need to run or restart your business.
Some Recommended Items for Your Go Box.
1. A copy of an emergency contact list of employees, and phone #s of key customers/clients..
2. Voice mail box # and remote password information and instructions so you can change messages and provide information to employees so they can call in for instructions.
3. Copy of insurance policies, agent contact information.
4. Copy of a list of emergency vendors (contractors, plumbers, electricians, restoration contractors, mold remediation, etc.) Make sure they are still in business in your area.
And a few more:
5. Several copies of your “Authorized Passage Under Emergency Conditions Memo or Letter in case one of your employees loses their letter or it is destroyed. This will provide them with the okay to enter the workplace or area if it is safe to do so.
6. Copy of a listing of your business vendors & suppliers essential for critical activities
7. Back-up files/tapes or server(s) of electronic data.
8. Copy of essential policies, emergency procedures, Business Continuity Plans
9. General Office supplies: pens, pencils, stapler, tape, paper, plus any special forms, etc.
10. Pictures of business inside and out. This includes home-based businesses.
Go Box -What Else: you need to have the following documentation required for an SBA disaster Loan or other type of assistance that might become available.
- Corporations/Partnerships: Copy of 3 years tax returns / 1 year personal tax returns on principles. Sole Proprietorship: Copy of 3 years tax returns with Schedule C.
- Sole Proprietorships, Corporations and Partnerships all need the following for loans:
- Copy of Current Profit & Loss Statement (within 90 days)
- Copy of Listing of inventory
- A Copy of Schedule of Liability
- Copy of Balance sheet (as recent as possible)
- Copies of all your required licenses.
Go Box -What Is It? Why Do You Need It?
Finally, you should have one for your home too.
Read about the Hurricane That Turned A Church Around-New Port Richey
To search for homes for sale, click here.
Go Box-What Is It? Why Do You Need It? Go Box Go Box